Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gloves for Mom


The other night I was out to dinner with my mom and she said, "You know that blue yarn you used to make my gloves?"  I thought back and remembered--it was a variegated wool that I picked up at the fancy yarn shop in town.

"Yeah," I said, "Why?"

"I lost one of my gloves so I was wondering if you could make me another." 

"I don't have any more of that yarn," I said, "But I could just make you a new pair..." 

And so I have a new project to motivate me to test-drive yet another pattern.  I'm using Debbie Stoller's magenta wool blend (love that yarn line!) which is the same yarn I used to make Mom a cowl at Christmas.  It's such a great color that my original plan to use the magenta and a purple yarn from the same line completely fell through, and I wound up using just the magenta for the project. 

I've started the pair and the pattern works (yay!) so I can add it to the collection of finished gloves.  Working on a bigger project based around my patterns, but shh--I'm not ready to talk about that yet ;-)

I also just finished a rapid crochet project to accomplish 2 goals: 1) get rid of some yarn! and 2) make a blanket for my boyfriend's freezing cold apartment.  It took me about a week and a half to do because I was very determined not to be cold anymore.  Haven't photographed the end result yet but I will--it's a striped number with some cream, black, grey, brown, red, and green shades to it.  That's right, I managed to use up a bunch of my yarn stock with this thing. 

Now I can finally go buy more yarn...

No comments:

Post a Comment