Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Fantastic Notions Case!

I've have crafted a busy world for myself, thus my latest reason for being MIA (from this blog at least...) for the past couple weeks.  It's not set to get any better, either--this week is chock full of activities, from visiting with my newly-returned-from-Brazil lady friend and her new daughter to helping Oleg move, I am booked solid.

But nevertheless, I wanted to finally post the photos of my new notions carrying case, which I made, and which is such an ultimate success that I'm super proud of it.


Like many of my projects, I laid it all out on the ironing board in the kitchen.  This is just the planning phase, but it gives a good idea of where I was going with it.  I wanted something to hold all my needles (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, and 10 1/2) and crochet hooks (dwarfed by the number of knitting needles) and a few other things that are necessary to my yarn-work process--thimbles, embroidery needles, scissors, measuring tape, stitch holders and markers.

After sewing elastic holders to the gold piece of fabric, I finally sewed the lining into the outer shell, which was a long piece of blue vinyl that I've had sitting in my fabric stash for-ev-er.


It all came out exceptionally well, and travels perfectly, folding in three's to make this cute little hand-bag sized contraption.


When unrolled, it looks like this:


Ta da!  Now I never have to worry about whether or not I have the right sized needles, or scissors, or hooks, and my knitting bag isn't anywhere near as disorganized.

Being this busy I don't expect to have much time for blogging for the rest of the month, but I will be working on a new craft (as soon as my Etsy-ordered supplies get here): a brief foray into jewelry making.

1 comment:

  1. Well isn't this a whole lot of loveliness wrapped up in a splendid blog!
    I'm enjoying all the fanciful photos you have on display!
    thank-you for sharing the inspiration!
    <3

    ReplyDelete