Friday, May 28, 2010

Indie Mart

The Grumple army is slow growing, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to add a good number of members over Memorial Day weekend.  The gym is actually closed for Saturday and Monday, so I have an unprecedented three days off in a row!  It's a break I definitely need and I'm psyched to spend it relaxing and reading and crafting.

This morning I spent about an hour winding bobbins of yarn so that my craft bag is full of new colors for Grumpling, and then I made one little sock monkey inspired Grumple (pictures next week) who turned out pretty adorable.  I anticipate making more because I'm guessing he will be pretty popular.

All of this finger puppet making madness has been inspired by Adam's invite to sit with him at the upcoming Indie Mart and sell knitted things.  I've never heard of or been to Indie Mart before, but I expect it's exactly what it sounds like, and that it'll be a nice way to pass a Sunday, and maybe make a few bucks.

In any case, I like my bag o' yarn and am ready to start whittling it down. 

Side note: with all those balls rolling around together, strings tend to come undone.  I decided this morning to start taping the loose ends down and half-way through that changed my mind and started using rubberbands.  It works awesomely well and is so simple I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.  If, like me, you struggle with craft bag messiness due to unravelling balls of yarn, I strongly suggest buying yourself a little bag of bands and straightening that mess up.  So much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment