Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Army Grows

So I made good on my plans.  Tuesday night I came home after work and finally, after weeks of inactivity, got crafty.

It took me a while to get going, mostly because I felt a sort of knitter's-block when it came to the kind of puppets I wanted to make.  Originally (with the first batch) I just free-knit and decorated at will, and those guys turned out pretty awesome.  At last week's craft night I attempted to recreate the magic but wound up with sort of weird results. 


I sat for a while, contemplating the best direction for my puppet knitting, and then made a quick decision not to fix what isn't broken.  One of my favorite puppets (and the first one I ever knit) was this guy:


So I grabbed a ball of yarn and made him a brother.  And then a mother.  And another, and another.


Seven puppets does not an army make, but I figure that if I try to make at least one every day from now until June, I'll be able to join Adam at his whatever-festival with a sizable puppet army.

The only drawback is that they still take me between 45 - 60 minutes to make from start to finish, and that seems like an incredible time investment for something so tiny.  If I'm going to sell them for a reasonable price, I will have to decrease that by at least half.

That is, if I can bring myself to sell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment