Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Enjoy The Lazy

I'm on a crafting break.

Not on purpose, I just haven't felt like working on anything lately.  Maybe it's the sudden arrival of Spring, who shows up in California unannounced and looking very much like Summer.  Weeks of rain have been trumped by unexpected sunshine and warm temperatures, windows are open, snow boots are off.  Even the gym is getting more pleasant to be in--our giant warehouse is freezing all winter long, necessitating a ridiculous number of layers (I'm usually in 5) but yesterday I went up to my locker in the employee area and pulled out my emergency shorts that haven't seen the light of late afternoon since October of last year.

Right now I'm writing with the windows open, the air flowing in over the rumbling street traffic, and as a result things feel stupidly pleasant.



Not that I'm complaining.  It sounds like I could be, but I'm merely stating facts.  I'm not busied with making stuff, I'm just enjoying the nice weather, and I'm okay with that.

I think it's really important to have a balance in your life between productivity and laziness.  You have to be relatively productive some days in order to truly revel in the days when you choose not to be.  I've spent a good amount of time being uber productive lately, especially in the crafting world, so I feel totally okay with taking a quick break from it.

Break is kind of a funny thing to say, though, because I'm still working a full time job, and maintaining a few blogs and Twitter accounts, and having a relationship and seeing friends and parents and still finding time to sleep and eat on occasion.  Really what I'm doing is being down in my few moments of down time, and I guess since I tend to be sort of a busy body it feels like being lazy.

That is pretty awesome.

But I know me, and I won't be able to keep this up forever.  Next week I'll probably find a new endeavor to preoccupy me before and after work hours, and I'll be sure to take lots of photos so I can share the process with everyone.

For now, I'm off to enjoy the summer...er, spring...sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment