Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Don't Want To Work, I Just Want To Knit Finger Puppets All Day

I am in love.

I am so in love, I think it's about to border on obsession.

Yesterday, I made my first finger puppet.

This guy.
















Then at craft night, I made three more.





















Now all I want to do is knit these funny little things.

There's something about the simplicity of them coupled with interminable variety that's just infatuating.  Add to that the fact that you can't look at one without busting a seam giggling and it's a finger puppets FTW situation.

Here's some more photos of my growing finger puppet army.


 

Inspired by Oleg's mustache party fuzz monster:
 

The red hat was an experiment that turned out hilarious.




















 This is where I kind of lost my mind a little bit.




















So that's what I'll be working on for the next few weeks, I think.

Another benefit of craft night (apart from hanging out with Team Awesome) is getting the occasional gift.  In this case, it wasn't a gift so much as a delivery, but it was still awesome.

Adam had a 100 robots contest (of sorts) to see if he could paint (and sell) 100 robots.  He did, and the results were (like most things we're involved in) awesome.  I of course got in on the robot action but I didn't care what number I bought so Adam assigned me number 99.  This was fine with me at first, but eventually I got really impatient because it meant I was going to have to hold out to the bitter end before I could take my painting home.

Finally, after months of waiting, I got to take my little dude with me last night.

Here's the little dude, in all his (forgive me) awesomeness:
















Another thing that finally happened was the gift exchange where Stephanie gave her previously undisclosed craft away.  This means I can (also finally) post the original photo, sans unicorn, so here it is:




















Best bacon scarf ever.

Here is Ryan, enjoying the bacony goodness:





















I told Steph she needs to write out the pattern because it's by far the most awesome looking bacon scarf I've seen; she's still debating, since when she was actually in the process of making the scarf she was just doing it ad hoc.  If you want to see a pattern come to fruition for reals, comment on this post and she'll see it--and maybe it will motivate her.

Last but not least, I also finished the FREE pair of gloves won by lovely miss Amy Gibbons, aka Bagsofblessing.  They will ship out today to find a happy home, I'm sure.  Amy opted for the Lily's Gloves in a light blue yarn, and they look fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. Clever passive aggressive tactics to encourage me, Renee! I guess I know what I'm doing next craft night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhhhhhhh! I LOVE the gloves!!! I can't wait to get them. And since this Winter seems to want to go on forever --- they should come in quite handy!!

    Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your puppets renee, they're so god damn cute!

    THEA.
    X

    ReplyDelete