Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Best Gloves Ever

A while back one of my customers emailed to ask if I'd be able to knit an elbow length pair of gloves in the Rococo pattern.  I said sure, and a week or so later I picked up this lovely iridescent gray blue yarn and started knitting.

Last night I finished the first glove and tried it on and I am hopelessly enamored of it.  I like it so much, in fact, that as soon as I'm done with it, I'm hopping right back on the wagon and making a pair for myself.

It's incredibly difficult to take a full length photo of one's own arm, but hopefully the pictures can capture the awesome:

Since I haven't got much else of my own to mention today, I'm finally going to be able to include some of the awesome blogs I've come across in my internet marketing binge.  An unexpected result of all the Twittering I've been doing is that I've found a TON of really, genuinely fantastic creative people out there whose stuff I totally admire (and aspire to one day ape the style of).  So here's an unordered, unspecific list of a few of those super coolios (don't be offended if you didn't make the list--there are SO MANY of you that I'm going to do this all the time from now on...)

First off, this is my new favorite place: A Journey Round My Skull






















Described as ""Unhealthy book fetishism from a reader, collector, and amateur historian of forgotten literature," the blog author posts the most amazing illustrations and artwork, totally obscure random stuff with an incredibly diverse but still comprehensive sensibility.  LOVE.


I'm also completely enthralled by Apak Studio, the collective endeavor of artists Aaron and Ayumi.  Love both of their individual sites but especially love the stuff they post here.





















They have an Etsy shop as well.

And last but not least, Trelabela makes vinyl wallets with awesome embellishments.  My favorite is the octopus.
















Visit her Etsy shop as well and see the rest of the coolness--water buffalo, plaid bison, and green floral ram are waiting for you!

Okay, off to the rest of the day--let the busy-ness begin!

2 comments:

  1. Those gloves are really awesome, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to make a joke about how they're really for you, but then I thought, "If I made Adam some elbow length Rococo gloves, he'd totally wear them," and then I thought, "Adam is awesome."

    ReplyDelete