Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bed Time: Randoms From My Favorites

I like how "bed time" becomes increasingly subjective the older you get.  When you're 10, it's 9pm weeknights, 10 on weekends, no ifs, ands, or buts.  Now that I'm 29, it's 11...no, wait, 12:30...I guess I can finish this movie, so maybe 1...oh, except the computer crashed and now I'm messing with the internet again, so whatever, I guess it can be 2.  2 am is reasonable when you have to be up at 7:30 in the morning, right?

Sheesh.

The thing is, internet marketing is completely taking over my life.  It's a good thing I have the gym to pull me away from the computer once in a while, otherwise I could seriously see myself spending 10, 12, 15 hours a day on this.  I'd become some super pale weirdo hunchback that weighed like 80lbs because I'd never leave the house to buy food anymore, who after eating the last of the pasta in the cupboard finally turned to a purely condiment based diet (I've got mustard for days...) until finally someone is forced to break into my apartment and drag me kicking and screaming (weakly, due to low blood sugar and most likely anemia) from my desktop. 


But why worry about iterations of the future that may never come to pass?  For now, I think I'm okay to spend the next 10 minutes finishing a fun post.

One thing I've spent a lot of time on recently is browsing through other sellers shops on Etsy, and I've actually found some really awesome things.  Because I'm awesome, too, I'd like to share them with you, so here we go: the first random sampling from my Etsy favorites page (if you want to see more, you can always do so via my Etsy page, just click on the "Favorites" link on the right hand side).

These are all things I found today.  First, something that was on the front page:

Hand Dip Dyed Green Peacock Fringe and Leather Chain Necklace by ThreeHorses

I've never seen a necklace like this (which is not to suggest that they have never previously existed, just that they haven't existed in my world) but I think it's really amazing and I kind of want to buy it.

Hedgehog Playing Stand Up Bass by Barkingbirdart




All of the art in this shop is awesome, but the thing I found was this hedgehog picture. So random, but I really like the style.  Visit the shop and look for the print of two birds dressed as an owl and a bunny rabbit.

Hedgehog Clay Sculpture in Blue Raspberry by Iktomi


Yes, I was on a hedgehog kick. But this is the thing that started that kick. Totally without purpose beyond being cute too look at, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy them.

And since it's officially 2 am, I only have time for one more:


Old Fashioned Carousel Ride Brass Pendant by Factorygirlashli



Found it browsing around on various craft blogs, but it's pretty awesome, and the rest of the shop has some good finds in it, too.

Alright, that's it for me.  Gym life beckons...

No comments:

Post a Comment